We are delighted to be recruiting for our ninth year of the award-winning Schools to Market programme in 2021, in partnership with Whole Kids Foundation.
Schools to Market
This year, we are hoping to deliver an exciting programme with as many face-to-face opportunities as we can, including the following:
- Assembly - to help your students understand where their food comes from and introduce them to the programme.
- Chutney masterclass - we are hoping that our chef will be able to run our popular chutney making workshops at host secondary schools.
- Marketing workshop - students will learn all about how to present their chutney to maximum advantage, including tips on labelling and salesmanship. This session will be held either at Whole Foods stores or at your school.
- Farm trip - we aim to transport students out to the farm again this year to pick some delicious chutney ingredients!
- Market Day - fingers crossed that we can be back in store for a fabulous Market Day with the team at Whole Foods.
“We absolutely love taking part in this project and were extremely happy that it could still go ahead despite the new restrictions. The children have enjoyed all of the steps, from the Zoom calls and label making, to vegetable growing and cooking. Thank you so much!”
"I loved learning new skills in the kitchen. I had never used a peeler before and now I can peel apples!”