We like to know our members well, so we can gauge what help, resources and projects will be of interest. This is why we only ever want to work with 100 member schools; our relationship with you is very important to us!
How do we work with our members?
- We offer practical telephone advice on how to establish your school garden, cooking clubs and developing links with local farms
- We can put you in touch with other member schools to visit and share ideas on gardening and cooking activities – from keeping chickens to creating a community bistro!
- Your students will have priority to participate in our exciting growing/enterprise projects with our retail partners, where geography matches
- You'll be first in line to host a hands-on Cooking or Kitchen Garden Ideas from a well-known chef
- You’ll be first in line to host a growing activity at your school
- Your school will have priority on funding opportunities and can access our supplier discount scheme
- Your school will be invited to exciting food events
- We will help raise the profile of your school and it’s food leadership activities in our PR, policy and campaigning work
Our one year membership is just £250 but you can save £100 by signing up for three years for £650.
We also aim to be a hub for advice on your school meal service
- Call us anytime for advice on how to improve your school meal service
- If you're just getting started, receive a template catering specification for fresh, sustainable school food
As a member school you will also receive 10% off our visioning and scoping services:
- We can identify schools that are providing an excellent school meal service and organise a day of site visits and fact finding for your Headteacher, SLT, catering team and governors
- We can review the effectiveness of food delivery and food education within your school
- Our members receive discounts on our training programmes and selected partner training events for Governors, Catering Managers and Food Technology Teachers
All members receive a membership certificate to display at school and a termly members’ only e-newsletter.