Webinar: Return to School: Catering for Children in a Crisis this Friday!
As we prepare for pupils returning to school many are asking:
- What does the future hold for school meals?
- For those 1.3 million children in England who are eligible for Free School Meals?
- How can we move from the current national voucher system to a better catered solution?
We’ll be showcasing best practice and learnings from those already working to provide nutritious meals for children during the Covid-19 school closure.
Chaired by Stephanie Wood, speakers confirmed:
- Jeanette Orrey MBE (Co-Founder Food for Life and Co-Chair of School Food Plan Alliance) with Myles Bremner
- Paul Jackson (Headteacher of Manorfield Primary School, Tower Hamlets)
- Mark Davies (Managing Director ISS World Food Services)
This webinar is a collaboration by Food Foundation, School Food Matters, Chefs in Schools with support from Sustain and Soil Association
All welcome and particularly school staff, caterers, local authority officers, community organisations and parents with children eligible for free school meals and preparing for their children.
Register for free here
In other news ...
With most of the food services sectors currently closed, a great deal of veg is at risk of going to waste.
The Food Foundation has published the results of its third poll since the beginning of the Covid-19 lockdown.
We continue on our quest to keep DfE informed about the support families need during school closures. With Children's Food Campaign, we've written to Gavin Williamson to ask for help for families during the school holidays.