Becoming a member of School Food Matters membership scheme can bring you many benefits.
Since the launch of our membership in 2012:
- 44 member schools have taken part in our enterprise projects with Borough Market and Whole Foods Market.
- 10 member schools have received help drawing up a catering specification to redefine their school meal service
- 47 member schools have hosted celebrity chefs for a Cooking Ideas or Kitchen Garden Ideas session
- 6 member schools have enjoyed a day of education fun on a working farm.
- Over £5,000 raised via Waitrose Community Matters benefiting 29 member schools who needed cash to develop their school gardens
- Over 1,000 free tickets secured for school children to attend The Edible Garden Show 2014 and 2015 for a day of down to earth, fun and interactive growing education
- And we've worked with 22 member schools to help them achieve a Food for Life Partnership Award!